Senior Living in 55713 (Buhl, MN)
- 55713 scores the same as the Buhl, MN average of 70.
- 55713 scores the same as the Minnesota average of 70.
- 55713 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Cornerstone Villa, Northland Village Buhl, and Serving Hands.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 7 golf courses nearby, including Mesaba Country Club, Hibbing Municipal Golf Course, and Eveleth Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including West-Two Rivers Campground, Mesaba Cooperative Park, and Vic Power Park.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Sacred Heart Church, St Basil of Ostrog, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.38%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Minnesota has a high average state income tax rate of 4.79%.
- The area has an average household income of $43,984, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $34,228, which is in the top 83% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,449, which is in the top 84% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,690 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,042 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,957 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.78%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 55713 has a sparse population density of 188.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.70%.