Senior Living in 56009 (Alden, MN)
- 56009 scores the same as the Alden, MN average of 83.
- 56009 scores significantly higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- 56009 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Naeve Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including St. John\'s Lutheran Home, Brian\'s Elder Care, and Just Like Home Place.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Albert Lea Golf Club, Green Lea Golf Course, and Arrowhead Country Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Albert Lea Park & Recreation, Shoff Park, and Hickory Hills Campground.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Alden United Methodist Church, Abundant Life Tabernacle, and Albert Lea Vineyard Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.38%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Minnesota has a high average state income tax rate of 4.79%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,990, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,594, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,859, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.80%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 56009 has a very sparse population density of 16.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.50%.