Senior Living in 56308 (Alexandria, MN)
- 56308 scores the same as the Alexandria, MN average of 71.
- 56308 scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- 56308 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Douglas County Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Ecumen Bethany Home, Knute Nelson, and Nelson Gables.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Lake Miltona Golf Club, Arrowwood Golf Club, and Geneva Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Don\'s Lakeview RV Park, Broken Arrow Resort, and Eden Acres Resort.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including United Church of Christ, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and Alexandria Covenant Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.55% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.38%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Minnesota has a high average state income tax rate of 4.79%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,405, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,772, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,516, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.41%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 56308 has a sparse population density of 153.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.62%.