Senior Living in 56626 (Bena, MN)
- 56626 scores the same as the Bena, MN average of 58.
- 56626 scores significantly lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- 56626 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are no senior living facilities in the area.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are no pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Sandtrap Golf Course, Blueberry Hills Country Club, and Chippewa National Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Hole in the Bog Peatland Scientific and Natural Area (SNA), Richards Townsite Campground, and New Leech Lake Campground.
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.51% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.38%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Minnesota has a high average state income tax rate of 4.79%.
- The area has an average household income of $33,045, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,072, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,828, which is in the top 89% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.11%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 56626 has a very sparse population density of 6.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.17%.