Senior Living in 57529 (Dallas, SD)
- 57529 scores the same as the Dallas, SD average of 77.
- 57529 scores significantly higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- 57529 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Avera Gregory Healthcare Center).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Silver Threads Residence and Avera Rosebud Country Care Center)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 3 golf courses nearby, including Gregory Golf Club, Winner Country Club, and Burke Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Harders D J Rev, Saint Isidore Catholic Church, and St Joseph\'s Catholic.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.92% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- South Dakota has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,735, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,750, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,825, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,276 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,738 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.34%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 57529 has a very sparse population density of 1.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.56%.