Senior Living in 60188 (Carol Stream, IL)
- 60188 scores the same as the Carol Stream, IL average of 68.
- 60188 scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- 60188 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Adventist Glenoaks and Central Dupage Hospital).
- There are 37 senior living facilities in the area, including Windsor Park A Covenant Retirement Community, Wood Glen Pavilion Nursing and Rehabilitaion Commuinity, and Belmont Village at Geneva Road.
- There are 24 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 135 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 111 golf courses nearby, including Glendale Lakes Golf Club, Bloomingdale Golf Course, and East Trail Course at Indian Lakes Resort.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Kline Creek Farm, Cosley Zoo, and Wheaton Park District Administration & DuPage County Historical Museum.
- There are 28 churches nearby, including St Luke Catholic Church, Corpus Christi Catholic Church, and Lutheran Church of the Master.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.98% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.71% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.63%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- Illinois has a low average state income tax rate of 3.59%.
- The area has an average household income of $84,148, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,263, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,266, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.45%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 60188 has a dense population density of 4,224.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.66%.