Senior Living in 62009 (Benld, IL)
- 62009 scores the same as the Benld, IL average of 73.
- 62009 scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- 62009 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Community Memorial Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage Health-Gillespie, Heritage Health-Staunton, and The Glenwood of Staunton.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Gillespie Country Club, Staunton Country Club, and Litchfield Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lazy Days Campground)..
- There are 2 churches nearby (Immanuel Lutheran Church and First Assembly of God).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.62% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.63%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- Illinois has a low average state income tax rate of 3.59%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,976, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,500, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,155, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.24%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 62009 has a sparse population density of 480.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.24%.