Senior Living in 62517 (Bulpitt, IL)
- 62517 scores the same as the Bulpitt, IL average of 63.
- 62517 scores significantly lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- 62517 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Rolling Meadows Senior Living, Taylorville Care Center, and Taylorville Estates.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are no pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including Lake Shore Golf Course, Taylorville Country Club, and Lincoln Greens Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Sangchris Lake State Park)..
- There are 2 churches nearby (Kincaid Church of God and Kincaid Church of God).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.63%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- Illinois has a low average state income tax rate of 3.59%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,185, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $31,944, which is in the top 88% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,165, which is in the top 89% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,140 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,585 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 32.65%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 62517 has a dense population density of 1,808.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.12%.