Senior Living in 62822 (Christopher, IL)
- 62822 scores the same as the Christopher, IL average of 76.
- 62822 scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- 62822 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Franklin Hospital and United Mine Workers Union Hosp).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Fifth Season Residential of Benton , Helia Healthcare of Benton, and Westside Rehab and Care Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including Franklin County Country Club, Crab Orchard Golf Club, and Jansco\'s Stardust Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including North Sandusky Campground, Benton KOA, and South Marchum Campround.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including First Church of Nazarene, First Church of God, and Ezra Church of God.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.63%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- Illinois has a low average state income tax rate of 3.59%.
- The area has an average household income of $43,744, which is in the top 85% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,009, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,646, which is in the top 78% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.52%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 62822 has an average population density of 962.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.29%.