Senior Living in 66724 (Cherokee, KS)
- 66724 scores the same as the Cherokee, KS average of 87.
- 66724 scores significantly higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- 66724 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Via Christi Hospital Pittsburg Inc, Mount Carmel Medical Center, and Girard Medical Center.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Medicalodges Pittsburg, Via Christi Village in Pittsburg, and Guest Homes Estates IV.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Countryside Golf Course, Four Oaks Golf Course, and Crestwood Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Mined Land Wildlife Area, Wildlife & Parks Department, and Pittsburg Parks Maintenance.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Lourdes, First Church of Nazarene, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.03% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 9.00%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- Kansas has a low average state income tax rate of 3.67%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,547, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,667, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,602, which is in the top 73% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.63%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 66724 has a very sparse population density of 29.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.75%.