Senior Living in 66773 (Scammon, KS)
- 66773 scores the same as the Scammon, KS average of 78.
- 66773 scores higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- 66773 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St John\'s Maude Norton Hosp).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Medicalodges Columbus, Medicalodges Pittsburg, and Via Christi Village in Pittsburg.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including Columbus Country Club, Crestwood Country Club, and Countryside Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Columbus City, Mined Land Wildlife Area, and Mined Land Wildlife Area.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Arma United Methodist Church and Asbury Baptist Church).
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 9.00%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- Kansas has a low average state income tax rate of 3.67%.
- The area has an average household income of $37,406, which is in the top 94% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $31,125, which is in the top 89% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,915, which is in the top 86% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.63%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 5% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 66773 has a very sparse population density of 28.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.25%.