Senior Living in 67510 (Abbyville, KS)
- 67510 scores the same as the Abbyville, KS average of 71.
- 67510 scores lower than the Kansas average of 73.
- 67510 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are no senior living facilities in the area.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 9 golf courses nearby, including Carey Park Golf Course, Paradise Pastures, and Highlands Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Boy Scouts Camp Kanza and Concrete Designs).
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Abbyville Community Church, Legacy Bible Church, and Bethany Church of Nazarene.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 9.00%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- Kansas has a low average state income tax rate of 3.67%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,423, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,625, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,905, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.60%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 67510 has a very sparse population density of 5.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.89%.