Senior Living in 71303 (Alexandria, LA)
- 71303 has a SeniorScore® of 76, which is the highest of any zip code in Alexandria, LA.
- 71303 scores higher than the Alexandria, LA average of 75.
- 71303 scores higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- 71303 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Crossroads Regional Hospital, Christus St Frances Cabrini Hospital, and Rapides Regional Medical Center.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Harding Community Home, Pecan Grove Community Home, and Cleveland Community Home.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 88 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 4 golf courses nearby, including Oakwing Golf Club, Rapides Golf & Country Club, and Alexandria Golf & Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Cabana Mobile Estates, Bringhurst Park, and Kincaid Recreation Area.
- There are 35 churches nearby, including Assemblies of God-district Headquarters, Calvary Baptist Church, and Community Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 0.82% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.39% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.88%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Louisiana has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.68%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,280, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,802, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,712, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $44,880 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $62,050 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $35,464 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.73%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 71303 has a sparse population density of 318.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.10%.