Senior Living in 73724 (Canton, OK)
- 73724 scores the same as the Canton, OK average of 72.
- 73724 scores lower than the Oklahoma average of 74.
- 73724 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Seiling Community Hospital and Seiling Hospital).
- There are no senior living facilities in the area.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 75.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 4 golf courses nearby, including Fairview Lakeside Country Club, Okeene Golf Club, and Roman Nose Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Crossroads Wind Park, CANADIAN (recgovnpsdata), and CORP of Engineers.
- There is 1 church nearby (Church of Christ)..
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.54% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.75%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Oklahoma has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.10%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,628, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,008, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,701, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $55,115 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,341 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.42%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 73724 has a very sparse population density of 7.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.30%.