Senior Living in 76821 (Ballinger, TX)
- 76821 scores the same as the Ballinger, TX average of 71.
- 76821 scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- 76821 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Ballinger Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Ballinger Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, Central Texas Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Senior Citizens Nursing Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are no fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 3 golf courses nearby, including Ballinger Country Club, Singing Winds Golf Course, and Quicksand Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Ballinger Municipal Lake Park)..
- There is 1 church nearby (Acts Church)..
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.80% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.25%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Texas has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,421, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,917, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,047, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,180 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $56,575 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $7,800 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,449 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.91%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- 76821 has a very sparse population density of 16.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.43%.