Senior Living in 78227 (San Antonio, TX)
- 78227 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the 51th highest of any zip code in San Antonio, TX.
- 78227 scores lower than the San Antonio, TX average of 79.
- 78227 scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- 78227 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Wilford Hall Medical Center).
- There are 62 senior living facilities in the area, including The Mission at Air Force Village, Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation - West San Antonio, and Esteem Home Health Care.
- There are 54 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 153 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Gateway Hills Golf Course, Hill Country Golf Club, and Golf Club Of Texas, The.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Lackland Terrace Park, Rodriguez Park, and Millers Pond Park.
- There are 69 churches nearby, including Lackland Baptist Church, Liberty Baptist Church, and Grace First Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.25%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Texas has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,371, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,494, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,554, which is in the top 90% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,100 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $73,000 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,230 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.33%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 78227 has a dense population density of 3,337.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.44%.