Senior Living in 81123 (Blanca, CO)
- 81123 scores the same as the Blanca, CO average of 59.
- 81123 scores significantly lower than the Colorado average of 69.
- 81123 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are no senior living facilities in the area.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are no pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 3 golf courses nearby, including Cattails Golf Club, Great Sand Dunes Golf Course at Zapata Ranch, and Grandote Peaks Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Alamosa National Wildlife Refuge)..
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.30% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.90%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Colorado has a high average state income tax rate of 4.63%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,232, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $20,625, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,475, which is in the top 73% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,960 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,768 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,722 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.63%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 81123 has a very sparse population density of 3.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.04%.