Senior Living in 83414 (Alta, WY)
- 83414 scores the same as the Alta, WY average of 73.
- 83414 scores significantly higher than the Wyoming average of 65.
- 83414 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Teton Valley Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Teton Valley Residential Care Homes, Inc.).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 6 golf courses nearby, including Targhee Village Golf Course, Rexburg Municipal Golf Course, and Teton Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Teton Valley RV Park and Victor City Park).
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Churches, Churches, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.48% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Wyoming has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $81,279, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $72,386, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,247, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $43,410 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $88,695 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,989 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.86%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 83414 has a very sparse population density of 1.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.