Senior Living in 83687 (Nampa, ID)
- 83687 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the highest of any zip code in Nampa, ID.
- 83687 scores higher than the Nampa, ID average of 68.
- 83687 scores significantly higher than the Idaho average of 64.
- 83687 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (West Valley Medical Center).
- There are 70 senior living facilities in the area, including Family Life Memory Care, Clearwater House, and Brookstone Village.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 141 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Centennial Golf Course, Championship Course at Ridgecrest Golf Course, and Broadmore Country Club.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Zamzows on Franklin Blvd, Lakeview Park, and West Park.
- There are 79 churches nearby, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Crossroads Community Church, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.61% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.50%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Idaho has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,924, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,260, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,328, which is in the top 84% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $98,915 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $35,750 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.82%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 83687 has an average population density of 597.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.74%.