Senior Living in 85029 (Phoenix, AZ)
- 85029 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the 30th highest of any zip code in Phoenix, AZ.
- 85029 scores lower than the Phoenix, AZ average of 77.
- 85029 scores higher than the Arizona average of 70.
- 85029 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (John C Lincoln North Mountain Hospital and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital).
- There are 155 senior living facilities in the area, including Tryzub Assisted Living , Coronado Healthcare Center, and Lake View Retirement Villa.
- There are 33 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 203 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 91 golf courses nearby, including Championship Course at Moon Valley Country Club, Cave Creek Golf Course, and El Caro Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (North Mountain Park)..
- There are 153 churches nearby, including Faith Community Church, Capilla Calvario Phoenix, and Mike Fox Ministries.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 9.15%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- Arizona has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.59%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,046, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,611, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,133, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,000 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $81,213 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,890 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.45%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 85029 has a dense population density of 4,530.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.62%.