Senior Living in 85035 (Phoenix, AZ)
- 85035 has a SeniorScore® of 59, which is the 42th highest of any zip code in Phoenix, AZ.
- 85035 scores significantly lower than the Phoenix, AZ average of 77.
- 85035 scores significantly lower than the Arizona average of 70.
- 85035 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including St Joseph Home For The Elderly, Casa De Primavera, and Bella Vita Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (10% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Maryvale Municipal Golf Course, Villa de Paz Golf Course, and Glen Lakes Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Desert West Sports Complex and El Oso Park).
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Christ United Methodist Church, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and St Paul Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 9.15%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- Arizona has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.59%.
- The area has an average household income of $41,682, which is in the top 88% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,778, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $11,827, which is in the top 97% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,000 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $81,213 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,890 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.39%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 85035 has a very dense population density of 8,311.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 53.50%.