Senior Living in 85041 (Phoenix, AZ)
- 85041 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the 30th highest of any zip code in Phoenix, AZ.
- 85041 scores lower than the Phoenix, AZ average of 77.
- 85041 scores higher than the Arizona average of 70.
- 85041 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Phoenix Memorial Health System).
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Sierra Vista Assisted Living, Life Care Center of South Mountain, and Maravilla Care Center.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 106 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (14% of the total population).
- There are 89 golf courses nearby, including Legacy Golf Resort, The, Raven Golf Club at South Mountain, The, and 18-Hole Championship Course at Vistal Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Cesar Chavez Park, South Mountain Park, and Nina Mason Pulliam Rio Salado Audubon Center.
- There are 65 churches nearby, including Spanish Church of God, First New Life Missionary Chr, and Fountain-life House of Wrshp.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 9.15%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- Arizona has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.59%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,590, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,320, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,651, which is in the top 83% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,000 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $81,213 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,890 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.53%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 85041 has a dense population density of 3,465.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 65.27%.