Senior Living in 85042 (Phoenix, AZ)
- 85042 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 23th highest of any zip code in Phoenix, AZ.
- 85042 scores lower than the Phoenix, AZ average of 77.
- 85042 scores higher than the Arizona average of 70.
- 85042 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 96 senior living facilities in the area, including A-1 Guest Lodge, South Mountain Care Center, and Hacienda Skilled Nursing Facility.
- There are 24 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 210 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 83 golf courses nearby, including 18-Hole Championship Course at Vistal Golf Club, Raven Golf Club at South Mountain, The, and Legacy Golf Resort, The.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including South Mountain Park, Nina Mason Pulliam Rio Salado Audubon Center, and Benedict Sports Complex.
- There are 72 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Sorrows Church, Holy Family Catholic Church, and St Catherine of Siena.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 9.15%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- Arizona has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.59%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,715, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,813, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,916, which is in the top 71% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,000 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $81,213 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,890 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.19%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 85042 has a dense population density of 2,725.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 73.61%.