Senior Living in 85706 (Tucson, AZ)
- 85706 has a SeniorScore® of 53, which is the 31th highest of any zip code in Tucson, AZ.
- 85706 scores significantly lower than the Tucson, AZ average of 77.
- 85706 scores significantly lower than the Arizona average of 70.
- 85706 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Saguaro Horizons Adult Care and Avalon Southwest Health and Rehabilitation)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (15% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Davis-Monthan AFB Golf, Dell Urich Course at Randolph Golf Complex, and Rolling Hills Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Voyager RV Resort & Hotel, Crazy Horse RV Park, and Thomas Jay Regional Park.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including St Monica Church, Faith Assembly of God, and Apostolic Bethel Temple.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.71% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 9.15%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- Arizona has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.59%.
- The area has an average household income of $39,190, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $29,883, which is in the top 91% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $12,060, which is in the top 97% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,896 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,475 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.51%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 85706 has a dense population density of 4,406.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 63.05%.