Senior Living in 86429 (Bullhead City, AZ)
- 86429 has a SeniorScore® of 81, which is the highest of any zip code in Bullhead City, AZ.
- 86429 scores higher than the Bullhead City, AZ average of 78.
- 86429 scores significantly higher than the Arizona average of 70.
- 86429 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Valley View Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including The Legacy Rehab and Care Center, The River Gardens Rehab and Care Center, and Silver Creek Leisure Living-Assisted Living.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (46% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Desert Lakes Golf Club, Emerald River Golf Course, and Mojave Resort Golf Club.
- There are 13 parks nearby, including Ridgeview Resort, Carefree Resort Mobile Home, and Bullhead City Community Park.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Community Lutheran Church, Praise Chapel, and Potter\'s House Christian Ctr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.09% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.54% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 9.15%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- Arizona has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.59%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,402, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,427, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,688, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,080 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,070 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.71%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 86429 has a very sparse population density of 85.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.26%.