Senior Living in 87514 (Arroyo Seco, NM)
- 87514 scores the same as the Arroyo Seco, NM average of 76.
- 87514 scores significantly higher than the New Mexico average of 66.
- 87514 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Holy Cross Hospital A Div Of Taos Health Systems).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Taos Retirement Village and Taos Living Center)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 3 golf courses nearby, including Red Eagle Golf Course, Angel Fire Resort, and Taos Country Club.
- There are 14 parks nearby, including Twining Campground, Lower Hondo Campground, and Simpson Peak.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Pentecostal Church of God, Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, and Chabad of Taos.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.31% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.50%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- New Mexico has a low average state income tax rate of 3.35%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,980, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,496, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,283, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,100 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,500 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,782 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.55%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 87514 has a very sparse population density of 76.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.21%.