Senior Living in 90037 (Los Angeles, CA)
- 90037 has a SeniorScore® of 61, which is the 52th highest of any zip code in Los Angeles, CA.
- 90037 scores significantly lower than the Los Angeles, CA average of 70.
- 90037 scores significantly lower than the California average of 71.
- 90037 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Orthopaedic Hospital).
- There are 111 senior living facilities in the area, including Vernon Healthcare Center, Stovall Terrace Apartments, and Vermont Senior Housing.
- There are 60 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (14% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Chester Washington Golf Course, Maggie Hathaway Par 3 Golf Course, and Wilshire Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Exposition Park Rose Garden)..
- There are 55 churches nearby, including Bethany Missionary Baptist Chr, Mt Moriah Baptist Church, and Good Shepherd Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.68% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.75%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- California has a low average state income tax rate of 3.79%.
- The area has an average household income of $37,827, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $28,377, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $11,066, which is in the top 98% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,638 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.48%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 90037 has a very dense population density of 21,943.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 45.10%.