Senior Living in 95116 (San Jose, CA)
- 95116 has a SeniorScore® of 63, which is the 25th highest of any zip code in San Jose, CA.
- 95116 scores significantly lower than the San Jose, CA average of 72.
- 95116 scores significantly lower than the California average of 71.
- 95116 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Regional Medical Center Of San Jose and San Jose Medical Center).
- There are 76 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunrise Home Care, Vista Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Gretchen Residential Care Home.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 86 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including San Jose Country Club, San Jose Municipal Golf Course, and Pleasant Hills Golf Course -The Pleasant Hills.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Emma Prusch Farm Park, CHINESE CULTURAL GARDEN, and Overfelt Gardens Park.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, and Iglesia Universal Del Reino De.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.67% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.75%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- California has a low average state income tax rate of 3.79%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,469, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,283, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,170, which is in the top 85% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $125,925 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $61,158 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.74%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 95116 has a very dense population density of 14,340.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 60.58%.