Senior Living in 95123 (San Jose, CA)
- 95123 has a SeniorScore® of 68, which is the 18th highest of any zip code in San Jose, CA.
- 95123 scores lower than the San Jose, CA average of 72.
- 95123 scores lower than the California average of 71.
- 95123 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Kaiser Foundation Hospital-san Jose).
- There are 99 senior living facilities in the area, including Pendar\'s Residential Care Home, Pendar\'s Residential Care, and Eleanor\'s Glacier 1 Home.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Santa Teresa Golf Club -Nine Hole, Golf Club At Boulder Ridge, The, and Almaden Golf & Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Santa Teresa County Park)..
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Apostles Lutheran Church, Santa Teresa Catholic Church, and Cryy Out Christian Fellowship.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.67% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.75%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- California has a low average state income tax rate of 3.79%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,136, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $83,949, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,655, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $125,925 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $61,158 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.52%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 95123 has a dense population density of 7,469.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.53%.