Senior Living in 95148 (San Jose, CA)
- 95148 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the 19th highest of any zip code in San Jose, CA.
- 95148 scores lower than the San Jose, CA average of 72.
- 95148 scores lower than the California average of 71.
- 95148 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 84 senior living facilities in the area, including Norwood Creek Residential Facility, Flintcrest House II, and Lourdes Residential Care.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 70 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Pleasant Hills Golf Course -The Pleasant Hills, San Jose Country Club, and Villages Golf & Country Club -Short Nine.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Capitol Park and Emma Prusch Farm Park).
- There are 21 churches nearby, including East Valley Church, Iglesia Bautista White Road, and Eastside Church of Christ.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.67% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.75%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- California has a low average state income tax rate of 3.79%.
- The area has an average household income of $122,159, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $106,299, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,999, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $125,925 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $61,158 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.05%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 95148 has a dense population density of 4,830.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.87%.