Senior Living in 95602 (Auburn, CA)
- 95602 has a SeniorScore® of 76, which is the highest of any zip code in Auburn, CA.
- 95602 scores the same as the Auburn, CA average of 76.
- 95602 scores higher than the California average of 71.
- 95602 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Westview Healthcare Center, Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation - Siena, and Brookdale Auburn.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Ridge Golf Course, The, Lake of the Pines Country Club, and DarkHorse Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Auburn Gold Country RV Park, Hidden Falls Regional Park, and Railhead Park.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Parkside Church-Nazarene, Faith Lutheran Church, and Celebration Cmmnty Fllwshp.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.85% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.75%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- California has a low average state income tax rate of 3.79%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,779, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,505, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,273, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,000 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,836 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,830 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.99%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 95602 has a sparse population density of 354.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.21%.