Senior Living in 97720 (Burns, OR)
- 97720 scores the same as the Burns, OR average of 60.
- 97720 scores significantly lower than the Oregon average of 67.
- 97720 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Harney District Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Ashley Manor Care Centers - Shasta and The Aspens)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There is 1 golf course nearby (Valley Golf Club)..
- There are 4 parks nearby, including High Desert Park & Recreation, Burns RV Park, and U.S. Fish & Wildlife Services.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Church of Jesus Christ of Lds and Assembly of God Highland).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Oregon has a very high average state income tax rate of 7.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,690, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,875, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,680, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $44,190 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,868 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,620 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,078 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.50%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 97720 has a very sparse population density of 4.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.39%.