Senior Living in 98055 (Renton, WA)
- 98055 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Renton, WA.
- 98055 scores lower than the Renton, WA average of 72.
- 98055 scores higher than the Washington average of 68.
- 98055 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Valley Medical Center).
- There are 146 senior living facilities in the area, including Evergreen Gardens AFH - Renton, New Option Elderly Care, and Evergreen Gardens Adult Family Home.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 87 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Tyee Valley Golf Club, Fairwood Golf & Country Club, and Golf Club at Newcastle(China Creek Course at Golf Club at Newcastle ).
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 31 churches nearby, including First Evangelical Presbyterian, King of Kings Lutheran Church, and Cross & Crown Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.30%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Washington has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,842, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,521, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,781, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.84%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 98055 has a dense population density of 4,583.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.41%.