Senior Living in 98056 (Renton, WA)
- 98056 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 5th highest of any zip code in Renton, WA.
- 98056 scores lower than the Renton, WA average of 72.
- 98056 scores higher than the Washington average of 68.
- 98056 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Valley Medical Center).
- There are 146 senior living facilities in the area, including Bethesda Adult Family Home, Mariana\'s Adult Family Home, and Best Loving Care Elderly Living.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 98 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Maplewood Golf Course, Golf Club at Newcastle(China Creek Course at Golf Club at Newcastle ), and Glen Acres Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Beer Sheva Park, Lewis Creek Park, and Kubota Garden.
- There are 43 churches nearby, including Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and Martin Luther King Jr Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.30%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Washington has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $84,505, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $70,154, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,429, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.56%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 98056 has a dense population density of 4,314.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 89.03%.