Senior Living in 98058 (Renton, WA)
- 98058 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Renton, WA.
- 98058 scores the same as the Renton, WA average of 72.
- 98058 scores higher than the Washington average of 68.
- 98058 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Valley Medical Center).
- There are 148 senior living facilities in the area, including Gentle Care Home, Best Health Family Home, and Wellspring 24 Hr Elderly Care.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 133 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Fairwood Golf & Country Club, Golf Club at Newcastle(China Creek Course at Golf Club at Newcastle ), and Maplewood Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lake Wilderness Arboretum)..
- There are 48 churches nearby, including Trinity Baptist Church, St Stephen the Martyr, and Lord of Life Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.30%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Washington has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $95,590, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $80,864, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,437, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.85%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 98058 has a dense population density of 2,215.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.85%.