Senior Living in 98103 (Seattle, WA)
- 98103 has a SeniorScore® of 64, which is the 33th highest of any zip code in Seattle, WA.
- 98103 scores significantly lower than the Seattle, WA average of 72.
- 98103 scores lower than the Washington average of 68.
- 98103 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 95 senior living facilities in the area, including The Hearthstone, Evergreen Park Adult Family Home - Greenlake, and Village Cove.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Greenlake Golf Course, Sand Point Country Club, and Interbay Family Golf Center.
- There is 1 park nearby (Ravenna Park)..
- There are 15 churches nearby, including I AM Reading Room, Elim Baptist Church, and St Benedict Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.30%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Washington has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,847, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,510, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $46,813, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.15%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 98103 has a very dense population density of 9,905.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.18%.