Senior Living in 98118 (Seattle, WA)
- 98118 has a SeniorScore® of 66, which is the 30th highest of any zip code in Seattle, WA.
- 98118 scores lower than the Seattle, WA average of 72.
- 98118 scores lower than the Washington average of 68.
- 98118 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Seattle Va Medical Center (va Pugit Sound Healthca and Reg Hosp For Respiratory Care).
- There are 148 senior living facilities in the area, including Park Place Seattle, Kline Galland Home, and Lakecrest House.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 84 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Jefferson Park Golf Club(Par 3 Course at Jefferson Park Golf Club ), Glen Acres Golf & Country Club, and Rainier Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Beer Sheva Park, Seward Park, and Genesee Park and Playfield.
- There are 61 churches nearby, including Maranatha Seventh Day Advntst, Rosehill Missionary Baptist, and Tabernacle Missionary Baptist.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.30%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Washington has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,071, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,903, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,737, which is in the top 37% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.13%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 98118 has a dense population density of 6,838.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.46%.