Senior Living in 98122 (Seattle, WA)
- 98122 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the 19th highest of any zip code in Seattle, WA.
- 98122 scores lower than the Seattle, WA average of 72.
- 98122 scores higher than the Washington average of 68.
- 98122 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Swedish Medical Center/cherry Hill, Swedish Medical Center, and Harborview Medical Center.
- There are 70 senior living facilities in the area, including Seattle Medical Post Acute Care, Gaffney House, and Aegis on Madison.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 150 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Broadmoor Golf Club, Overlake Golf & Country Club, and Interbay Family Golf Center.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Madrona Park, Seattle Japanese Garden, and Volunteer Park.
- There are 44 churches nearby, including Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Goodwill Baptist Church, and Cherry Hill Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.30%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Washington has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,896, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,405, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,703, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.20%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 98122 has a very dense population density of 13,592.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.81%.