Senior Living in 98133 (Seattle, WA)
- 98133 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 24th highest of any zip code in Seattle, WA.
- 98133 scores lower than the Seattle, WA average of 72.
- 98133 scores higher than the Washington average of 68.
- 98133 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Northwest Hospital and Kindred Hospital Seattle).
- There are 191 senior living facilities in the area, including Ecos Adult Family Home, Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation - Arden, and Aegis at Callahan House.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 106 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Seattle Golf Club, Jackson Park Golf Course(Par Three Course at Jackson Park Golf Course), and Nile Shrine Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Northacres Park, Jackson Park Golf Course, and Carkeek Park.
- There are 50 churches nearby, including St Dunstan\'s of the Highlands, Christ the King Church, and St Luke Parish.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.30%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Washington has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,784, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,960, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,400, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.92%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 98133 has a dense population density of 6,279.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.88%.