Senior Living in 98155 (Seattle, WA)
- 98155 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the 12th highest of any zip code in Seattle, WA.
- 98155 scores higher than the Seattle, WA average of 72.
- 98155 scores higher than the Washington average of 68.
- 98155 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Northwest Hospital and Kindred Hospital Seattle).
- There are 237 senior living facilities in the area, including Omna Adult Family Home, Anderson House, and Shoreline Gardens Senior Care.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 183 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Ballinger Lakes Golf Course, Nile Shrine Golf Course, and Jackson Park Golf Course(Par Three Course at Jackson Park Golf Course).
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Jackson Park Golf Course, Saint Edward State Park, and Northacres Park.
- There are 67 churches nearby, including Shoreline Christian Church, St Mark Catholic Church, and Northwest Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.30%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Washington has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $89,037, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,858, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,602, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.56%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 98155 has a dense population density of 4,330.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.50%.