Senior Living in 98303 (Anderson Island, WA)
- 98303 scores the same as the Anderson Island, WA average of 88.
- 98303 scores significantly higher than the Washington average of 68.
- 98303 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Western State Hospital, Madigan Army Medical Center, and St Clare Hospital.
- There are 137 senior living facilities in the area, including Sound View Senior Living, St. Therese Adult Family Home, and Bethel Home.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 176 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (52% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Riviera Country Club, Fort Steilacoom Golf Course, and Oakbrook Golf & Country Club.
- There are 17 parks nearby, including Eagle Island State Marine Park, Tolmie State Park, and Chambers Bay.
- There are 126 churches nearby, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Faith Independent Lutheran Chr, and Oberlin Congregational Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.74% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.30%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Washington has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,349, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,448, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,636, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.32%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 98303 has a sparse population density of 133.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.47%.