Senior Living in Abbottstown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Abbottstown, PA: 17301
- Abbottstown scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Abbottstown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Hanover Hospital).
- There are 32 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Skills of Central Pa, Serene Manor, and Pine Run Retirement Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 76 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 61 golf courses in or around the city, including Bridges Golf Club, The, Hanover Country Club, and Hickory Heights Golf Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 62 churches in or near the city, including The Gettysburg Messenger, Lusk Larry L, and Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 53 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 33 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,705, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,526, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,882, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,760 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,220 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.84%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Abbottstown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Abbottstown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Abbottstown has a sparse population density of 308.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Abbottstown have an average daily commute time.
- Abbottstown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.96%.