Senior Living in Aberdeen, Maryland
Top zip codes in Aberdeen, MD: 21001
- Aberdeen scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Aberdeen scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Harford Memorial Hospital, Va Maryland Health Care Syst, and Upper Chesapeake Medical Center.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including VPCBH Assisted Living, Seeds of Compassion, and Hummingbird Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 151 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Wetlands Golf Club, The, Beechtree Golf Club, and Aberdeen Proving Ground -Ruggles.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Cedar Lane Park, Susquehanna State Park, and Harford Glen Park.
- There are 91 churches in or near the city, including St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, St Joan of Arc, and Aberdeen Bible Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 80 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 55 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,974, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,457, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,081, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.25%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Aberdeen receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Aberdeen has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Aberdeen has an average population density of 719.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Aberdeen have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Aberdeen has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.56%.