Senior Living in Aberdeen, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Aberdeen, SD: 57401
- Aberdeen scores higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Aberdeen scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Avera St Lukes and Dakota Plains Surgical Center Llp).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Manorcare Health Services - Aberdeen, Primrose Retirement Communities, LLC, and Nano Nagle Village.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 4 golf courses in or around the city, including Aberdeen Links Golf Course, Lee Park Golf Course, and Moccasin Creek Country Club.
- There are 22 parks near the city center, including Storybook Land, Wylie Park, and Wylie Park Campground.
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including Melgaard Park Baptist Christian Academy, First Church of Nazarene, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,117, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,544, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,168, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,276 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,738 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.58%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Aberdeen receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Aberdeen has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Aberdeen has a sparse population density of 103.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Aberdeen have a very short daily commute time.
- Aberdeen has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.85%.