Senior Living in Abilene, Kansas
Top zip codes in Abilene, KS: 67410
- Abilene scores higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- Abilene scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Memorial Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Countryside Home, Family Care Home, and Villaspring of Erlanger.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Abilene Country Club, Chisholm Trail, and Indian Hills Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Eisenhower Park, Covered Wagon Camp Ground, and Tallgrass Lodge.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including First United Methodist Church, Abilene Bible Baptist Church, and Abilene Bible Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.17% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,246, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,611, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,719, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.91%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Abilene receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Abilene has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Abilene has a very sparse population density of 31.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Abilene have a very short daily commute time.
- Abilene has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.80%.