Senior Living in Abilene, Texas
- Abilene scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Abilene scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hendrick Medical Center, Hendrick Health System, and Abilene Psychiatric Center.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including South Bend Ranch, Coronado Nursing Center, and Covenant Place of Abilene.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 125 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Mesquite Grove Golf Course, Willow Creek Golf Center, and Maxwell Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 24 parks near the city center, including Rose Park, Abilene Adaptive Recreation, and Oscar Rose Park.
- There are 74 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Primera Baptist, and Calvary Baptist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 33 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,602, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,910, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,783, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,450 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $57,853 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $7,405 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.34%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Abilene receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Abilene has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- Abilene has an average population density of 1,198.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Abilene have a very short daily commute time.
- Abilene has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.60%.