Senior Living in Abingdon, Maryland
Top zip codes in Abingdon, MD: 21009
- Abingdon scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Abingdon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Upper Chesapeake Medical Center and Harford Memorial Hospital).
- There are 51 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cantler\'s Personal Care Home, Ella Wright Ta Wrights Enterprise, and Lorien Riverside.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 227 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Mountain Branch Golf Course, Maryland Golf & Country Clubs, and Winters Run Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Cedar Lane Park, Harford Glen Park, and Marshy Point Nature Center.
- There are 123 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, St Mary\'s Episcopal Church, and New Covenant Presbyterian Chr.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 96 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 76 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $93,249, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $85,891, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,442, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.43%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Abingdon receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Abingdon has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Abingdon has a dense population density of 2,624.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Abingdon have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Abingdon has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.73%.