Senior Living in Absecon, New Jersey
- Absecon scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Absecon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bacharach Institute For Rehab, Atlanticare Regional Medical Center - City Div, and Shore Memorial Hospital.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bayview Cottage, Absecon Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Egg Harbor Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 240 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including Bay Course at Marriott\'s Seaview Country Club Resort, Galloway National Golf Club, and Pomona Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Atlantic Blueberry RV Park, Chestnut Lake RV Campground, and Birch Grove Park.
- There are 61 churches in or near the city, including Church of St Mark & All Saints, St Elizabeth Seton, and St Elizabeth Seton Religious.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 134 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 53 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.61% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,971, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,605, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,616, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $59,430 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,463 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,506 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.27%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Absecon receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Absecon has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Absecon has an average population density of 1,225.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Absecon have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Absecon has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.95%.