Senior Living in Accident, Maryland
Top zip codes in Accident, MD: 21520
- Accident scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Accident scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Goodwill Mennonite Home Grantsville MD, South Fayette Nursing Center, and Henry Clay Villa, LP.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Golf Club At Wisp, The, Oakland Golf Club, and Maplehurst Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Adventure Sports Center International, Deep Creek Lake State Park, and New Germany State Park.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Accident Evangelical Lutheran Parish Elca, Maranatha Assembly of God, and Addison United Methodist Chr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.18% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,707, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,803, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,569, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $55,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $95,448 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.04%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Accident receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Accident has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Accident has a very sparse population density of 33.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Accident have a short daily commute time.
- Accident has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.56%.