Senior Living in Accokeek, Maryland
Top zip codes in Accokeek, MD: 20607
- Accokeek scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Accokeek scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Dewitt Army Community Hospital, Fort Washington Hospital, and Inova Mount Vernon Hospital.
- There are 94 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Eby Health Services, Inc., Fort Washington Health Center, and ManorCare Health Services-Alexandria.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 458 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 88 golf courses in or around the city, including Mount Vernon Country Club, Tantallon Country Club, and Henson Creek Golf Course.
- There are 21 parks near the city center, including Piscataway Park, The Accokeek Foundation\'s National Colonial Farm, and Fort Washington Park.
- There are 356 churches in or near the city, including Accokeek Congregation-jehovah, Whitehall Baptist Church, and Christ Episcopal Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 297 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 17 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 127 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $127,158, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $115,321, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $44,153, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.50%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Accokeek receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Accokeek has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Accokeek has a sparse population density of 466.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Accokeek have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Accokeek has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.33%.